Donating clothes saves water and CO2Simple action, multiple benefits
The ERIKS employees make sustainability and innovation happen. Here's how they're doing it at ERIKS Shanghai China.
When one simple action has multiple benefits, you know you’re doing the right thing. ERIKS Shanghai employees collected their unwanted clothes to donate to people in need. It’s a powerful way to strengthen society – but that’s not all it did.
Not many people know, that manufacturing 1 KG of clothing 3,6 KG of CO2 is emitted and 6,000 liter of water is consumed. So by collecting 71.5 kg of clothing to be re-used or recycled, ERIKS Shanghai saved 257.4 KG of CO2!
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Working hard for our people
- Why any risk is too much risk
- A year of safety
- Society starts at your doorstep
- Strengthening society, 1 km at a time
- Mothers for Mothers
- Save the tools
- Stepping up to the challenge
- Health Aware
- Exercising the brain and the body