Reducing waste with the swipe of a wipeCleaning solution that reduces waste
ERIKS build sustainability into their solutions as standard, whether it’s implementing a motor that delivers energy consumption reduction or hydraulic training that improves worker safety, or a simple cleaning solution that reduces waste – as a large UK glass manufacturer discovered when they turned to their long standing partner ERIKS UK to help with an issue.
The customer used general rags to clean their machinery – made from different materials like polyester and denim – which were not very absorbent, were infrequently cleaned which increased the risk of contaminants and which took up a large amount of space to store in their warehouse.
When the rags were at the end of their life – they had to be disposed of using a hazardous waste skip. Around 40 bags were dumped in the skip a month, adding up to around €19,500 per year in disposal costs alone.
ERIKS consulted with partners and delivered a cloth solution that is tear resistant, fast absorbing and strong enough to clean the roughest surfaces. The disposable cloths clean oil, dirt, grime and solvents while remaining resilient to harsh cleaning agents.
The solution reduced the number of bags that needed to be disposed of from 40 bags to just 7 rolls per month – delivering a waste reduction of 4 tons and a cost saving of €9,800 per year.
Total savings: 9,800 EUR
Waste reduction in tons
- ERIKS becomes official partner TU Delft Hyperloop team
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Consistency to global procurement
- A total cost of ownership approach to sustainability
- ERIKS wins the 60M race
- Around the world in 80 days – fuel free
- All-round improvement in steam trapping stations
- Keeping the hydro-energy ﬂowing
- Working together for safe drinking water
- Sharing hydraulic safety knowledge
- Coffee, Tea or Safety?
- Partnership with Purpose
- On an emissions mission
- Safe Hands
- Boiler room efficiency
- Targeting compressed air
- Reducing Methane Emissions
- ERIKS top 10 tips for energy saving
- Sustainable cost savings at dairy factory
- ERIKS' Energy savings solutions meet Government policies