ERIKS becomes official partner TU Delft Hyperloop teamFrom Amsterdam to Paris in 30 minutes
“Let’s go to Paris this afternoon, we’ll be there from Amsterdam in 30 minutes!” This scenario may seem science fiction, but a revolution in the transport industry is now closer than ever – with Hyperloop.
ERIKS is officially partnering with the Hyperloop team of the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) on the creation of their latest Hyperloop Pod. Hyperloop is a high-speed transportation system that uses reduced-pressure tubes in which pressurized vehicles, or ‘Pods’, travel. Due to low air resistance in the tubes, the Pods can travel near to the speed of sound while being more energy efficient, environmentally friendly, convenient and less expensive than airplanes.
Support with know-how and expertise
In 2017, the TU Delft team won the first international Hyperloop competition that was initiated by SpaceX/Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Today, a new team of 30 highly motivated technical students is preparing for an equally successful competition in 2018. And ERIKS is part of their journey, as we support the team with our know-how and expertise, particularly in the field of power transmission and rubber technology. Already, we have shared relevant knowledge that was used in the selection of the electric motor of the 2018 Pod.
The inspiring Hyperloop project is a great opportunity for ERIKS to show how our passion, specialism and innovation power can make industry work better.
We will keep you informed about the progress of the team and of course the outcome of the SpaceX competition in 2018.
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Consistency to global procurement
- A total cost of ownership approach to sustainability
- ERIKS wins the 60M race
- Around the world in 80 days – fuel free
- All-round improvement in steam trapping stations
- Keeping the hydro-energy ﬂowing
- Working together for safe drinking water
- Sharing hydraulic safety knowledge
- Coffee, Tea or Safety?
- Partnership with Purpose
- On an emissions mission
- Safe Hands
- Boiler room efficiency
- Targeting compressed air
- Reducing Methane Emissions
- ERIKS top 10 tips for energy saving
- Sustainable cost savings at dairy factory
- ERIKS' Energy savings solutions meet Government policies
- Reducing waste with the swipe of a wipe