Sustainable driving through sitting
Did you know that something as simple as the position of your body as you drive can have an effect on your driving style? Some of our colleagues do now, after they took part in a trial program to encourage safer and more efficient driving, as part of our safety policy.
Using an interactive application and E-learning modules developed by a specialist company, more than 25 ERIKS volunteers discovered – amongst other things – your driving position, use of mirrors, and weather conditions can influence driving, and how a few simple changes to driving behavior can lead to fewer accidents, fewer tickets and lower fuel consumption.
So far the volunteers are very positive and once the trial has been completed the results will be evaluated with the ERIKS management, to see whether the program should be rolled out to a wider audience.
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Leading from the top
- Ready, Set...Pack!
- Donating clothes saves water and CO2
- Bins, Binned