Ready, Set...Pack!ERIKS companies re-use packaging materials
In Switzerland, Maagtechnic – an ERIKS company - set about reducing their environmental and financial impact from packaging.
By setting up a process to re-use incoming packing materials for outgoing goods, Maagtechnic were able to reduce costs without slowing down the efficiency of their process and have now set a target for 10% of their outgoing packages as re-used material.
This good practice is not limited to Switzerland – in ERIKS North America biodegradable starch type peanuts, bubble wrap made from recycled material and air pillows have taken center stage over traditional, more harmful packaging.
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Sustainable driving through sitting
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Leading from the top
- Donating clothes saves water and CO2
- Bins, Binned