Leading from the topImproved working environment and reduced gas and electricity consumption
When ERIKS UK recently underwent an ESOS assessment [see 'Energy saving solutions meet Government policies'], one area of potential energy-savings identified was the HVAC system at the company’s Head Office.
As a result, the system has been completely redesigned for greater energy efficiency. The inefficient gas-fired wet radiator heating system and independent air conditioning units have been replaced by a fully-integrated HVAC system. The twostorey Head Office building in Halesowen now benefits from a steady, controlled temperature and a controlled feed of fresh air.
These have led to an improved working environment and drastically reduced gas and electricity consumption.
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Sustainable driving through sitting
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Ready, Set...Pack!
- Donating clothes saves water and CO2
- Bins, Binned