ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available nowNew ‘six target’ sustainability strategy
In 2016, we have taken significant steps to improve our sustainable impact, with the launch of a new ‘six target’ sustainability strategy supported by a robust stakeholder engagement process. ERIKS’ 2016 Sustainability Report not only sets out the company’s vision, strategy and new targets but also includes examples of successes as well as presenting areas in which more effort is needed.
“We recognize that doing good business is good for business. Being a multi-product specialist that supports a broad range of industries, we can directly make a positive impact by making our customers’ processes more sustainable. We are determined to strengthen society, influence change and drive efficiency. In this report, we have published the results of a stakeholder engagement survey. We have simplified our own sustainability targets and aligned them to our business strategy. In addition, for the first time ever, we are taking a broader view by linking our targets to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals”, said Simon Franken, CEO of ERIKS.
“We are really proud of the progress we have made in 2016, and we are excited for the challenge ahead of us” said Robyn Bradley, ERIKS Group Sustainability Manager. “We have ambitious plans for 2017. Most importantly, we need to take action and deliver results against each of our targets, but we are also planning to publish our next report to Global Reporting Initiative guidelines and commit to the United Nations Global Compact.”
Highlights from ERIKS 2016 Sustainability Report:
- ERIKS saved €950,000 per year on steam costs for a tire-manufacturing customer in China. ERIKS designed a steam trapping station that not only saved costs but also reduced the customers CO2 emissions.
- ERIKS purchased over 50% of its global electricity consumption from renewable sources in 2016. ERIKS Netherlands not only achieved ISO50001 certification but was also certified carbon neutral.
- ERIKS was, once again, certified as a Top Employer for high levels of employee engagement and development Belgium, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- ERIKS ran 3 sustainable innovation challenges that engaged employees from across the ERIKS organization using its online platform; generating more than 150 ideas and over 380 enrichments.
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Sustainable driving through sitting
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Leading from the top
- Ready, Set...Pack!
- Donating clothes saves water and CO2
- Bins, Binned