Donating clothes saves water and CO2Simple action, multiple benefits
The ERIKS employees make sustainability and innovation happen. Here's how they're doing it at ERIKS Shanghai China.
When one simple action has multiple benefits, you know you’re doing the right thing. ERIKS Shanghai employees collected their unwanted clothes to donate to people in need. It’s a powerful way to strengthen society – but that’s not all it did.
Not many people know, that manufacturing 1 KG of clothing 3,6 KG of CO2 is emitted and 6,000 liter of water is consumed. So by collecting 71.5 kg of clothing to be re-used or recycled, ERIKS Shanghai saved 257.4 KG of CO2!
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Sustainable driving through sitting
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Leading from the top
- Ready, Set...Pack!
- Bins, Binned