Bins, BinnedSegregated waste streams at ERIKS UK sites
Having set a target of zero waste to landfill, ERIKS UK adopted a policy of segregated waste streams. This enables the company’s waste management company to more easily divert recyclable waste away from landfill. At ERIKS UK Head Office, the major step was taken of removing individual desk waste bins and replacing them with central recycling points. This policy of “making the best choice the only choice” achieved high levels of employee engagement, and the company’s level of recycling – across all UK sites – has risen from 15% when first analysed to the current figure of 97%. The ultimate target remains zero waste to landfill, which will hopefully be achieved by the end of the current financial year.
- ERIKS Annual Sustainability Report 2016 available now
- Setting an example in energy efﬁciency
- Sustainability begins at home
- Putting our house in order
- ISO 14001
- Switched on to electricity
- Sus-train-ability at Group Head Office
- Sustainable driving through sitting
- Turning over a new leaf (or three)
- Twice the benefits in hose testing facilities
- Leading from the top
- Ready, Set...Pack!
- Donating clothes saves water and CO2